Gout patients whether they can eat sea cucumber? It is plagued by the problem of too many people. This article, we discuss with you from the root, cucumber and gout off a break between the "rivalry."


What is gout?

Gout is a type of joint disease, when the body's long-term purine metabolism or decreased excretion of uric acid in the blood uric acid levels will be too high, causing hyperuricemia, uric acid in the form of a sodium salt may be formed in the joints, soft tissue crystallized , triggering the body's inflammatory foreign body reaction is to gout.

Uric acid is a metabolite of purines, 80% comes from purine metabolism, and the other 20 percent comes from purine diet, exogenous purine ratio was low, but most are metabolized to uric acid, so for gout patients forbidden to eat eat high purine foods is essential.


Purine content of sea cucumber is very small, even less than the rice!

For years, many people have a misunderstanding that seafood is high purine content, so gout patients to keep a respectful distance for all seafood. In fact, this is wrong. Data show that the purine content of sea cucumber is only about 4mg / 100g, than rice (18.4mg / 100g) and cabbage (12.6mg / 100g) is much lower. According to the study, patients with gout purine intake should be controlled within a day 150mg, it shows that the amount of consumption of purine intake of sea cucumber, for gout patients is not affected.


Repair of sea cucumber chondroitin sulfate on the joints

Sea cucumber polysaccharide divided into two types, one is the sea cucumber fucoidan sulfate, another is sea cucumber chondroitin sulfate.

Urate crystals deposited in the joints, cartilage continues to wear, damage, cause osteoarthritis. Chondroitin sulfate can increase the amount of synovial joints, cartilage is damaged to provide adequate nutrition, and thus repair of damaged cartilage.


Sea cucumber saponins, polysaccharides and cerebroside improve purine metabolism

Purine metabolism, it creates too much uric acid, this process, the adenosine deaminase and xanthine oxidase plays an important role, both together, the purine converted to uric acid. According to the results of animal experiments, the sea cucumber saponins, polysaccharides, and cerebrosides can are enough to significantly inhibit the activity of these two enzymes, thereby reducing uric acid synthesis, lowering blood uric acid levels. This rehabilitation is effective in patients with gout helpful.


Here, on gout patients who can not eat cucumber problem, I believe you already have the answer. Finally, I remind you again, seafood, in addition to sea cucumber and jellyfish, and the rest are high purine content, gout patients still remain vigilant.